« Home | four-month anniversary » | the crocodile hunter » | not-so-little miracles » | amy's birthday (8-27-06) » | the wedding » | Mt. Whitney » | Welcome! » | »

yay for vacation!

This morning Caleb and I went to Long Beach to visit Amy, see her apartment and have breakfast. Something she and Esther said in passing this morning has kind of stuck with me. They've decided to treat weekends like vacation. Amy woke up this morning at 7 and the first thing she said to herself was, "Oooh, its vacation!" You do things differently when you're on vacation. You watch a movie first thing in the morning (like Amy did this morning), you read a book, wander through a book store or go to a museum. You relax more. You don't think so much about having to go back to work on Monday. And so I've decided to take to heart Esther and Amy's new take on weekends.

So again, today is Saturday, and tomorrow is Sunday, my own personal 2-day vacation. We went out to breakfast, took a nap, and now I'm sitting and watching Animal Planet in the middle of the day. Caleb's sitting beside me playing Warcraft. Later I'm going to a spa product party at Dorie's, and tonight we're having dessert at Mom and Dad's. Dad just got back from an 11-day backpack yesterday, so I'm looking forward to hearing his stories. Tomorrow we'll go to church, and then ... who knows? We're on vacation, we'll do whatever strikes our fancy at the time. I might even eat ice cream for lunch and then take another nap.

Yay for Vacation!