« Home | a day in julian, california » | a night at the bowl » | they made us believe there was a chance » | a new look » | my own eulogy » | the babies are here! » | welcome to the family! » | yay for vacation! » | four-month anniversary » | the crocodile hunter »

jon the master builder

While in San Diego this weekend my brother Jon took us on a tour of the house he's been overseeing the remodel of for the past six months. Its really quite an amazing home, and I'm so impressed with Jon! (Not that he was unimpressive before.) He's done a lot of it himself, and it is truly master craftsmanship.

Now, in the pictures below however, you will see the style of the homeowner, which is ... different, we'll say. The house looks like something pulled straight off the plains of Mexico, with its bright colors and rounded architecture. But its really quite an amazing home, and I hope I get to see the finished product (they're hoping to finish by Thanksgiving).




This is the orange living room with a turquoise niche in the wall.




This is the master bedroom closet .... which I wish to high heaven was mine. I had Caleb stand in there so later, when we're filthy rich, we can refer to exactly the kind of closet size I was looking for.




This is a mosaic that is on the wall in the downstairs guest bathroom. The walls are painted in ocean hues and it literally feels like you're under water. Its actually very cool.




This is Jon in the back yard. He designed all the brickwork in the floor, which you can't really see from this picture, but its a very cool design.




This is Caleb and I standing in the framed doorway from the back yard to the side yard. Its very orange.