« Home | jon the master builder » | a day in julian, california » | a night at the bowl » | they made us believe there was a chance » | a new look » | my own eulogy » | the babies are here! » | welcome to the family! » | yay for vacation! » | four-month anniversary »

anza-borrego desert state park

On our way back to San Diego from Julian on Saturday, we stopped at a spot that overlooked the Anza-Borrego state park, a beautiful desert landscape. These are a few pictures we took. I know a lot of people don't find the desert beautiful, but Caleb and I love the desert (well, as my aunt pointed out is usually true, we love the right kind of desert). The desert is wide open space, its own big-sky country, with a wild and even harsh beauty all its own (if there is such a thing). We didn't head down into the desert on this day, but we enjoyed the view for a while.




Caleb and I with the desert behind us.



The desert, the view no longer blocked by Caleb and I.



I just thought this was a cool picture. There is a plaque at the bottom of the cross that reads
Desert View Park
Donated by
Mrs. Marshal D. Terry
Mosler Brothers
Col. Ed Fletcher
I don't know who they are, but they're probably desert lovers too.