« Home | happy birthday ... again! » | good bye Summer » | happy birthday husband! » | they came, they played, they lost » | go angels! » | support your local sheriff » | anza-borrego desert state park » | jon the master builder » | a day in julian, california » | a night at the bowl »

i baked!

I am not a great cook, by any stretch of the imagination. My specialties are peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. I don't even have to look at the box for the instructions anymore! (I am learning, though. And Caleb and I have actually been doing more cooking lately. Its fun, and so far the only injuries have been a nearly severed fingernail and too-full stomachs.)

However, once in a while I get this insatiable urge to bake. And on Caleb's birthday it became a mission to bake him a home made apple pie. I found a recipe, bought the ingredients, peeled a million apples, and baked this beautiful and, according to Caleb, delicious apple pie. I just thought the experience should be documented for posterity.




Mixing the ingredients ... almost ready to go in the pie dish ...



Mmmmmm .... pie.



Mmmmmm .... pie.



I think he likes it! (I actually took about 97 pictures of him, making him take bites, watching his ice cream melt, trying to capture that look of pure and unabashed eating enjoyment ... this is the best I could get. But I swear it was there!)

I can't tell if Caleb likes it, or is being coerced in some unseen way...

Post a Comment