« Home | Thanksgiving at Shaver » | all I want for Christmas is .... » | the importance of girlfriends » | a few of my favorite things » | a beautiful day in the neighborhood » | ah, discipline » | how i got caught up in weight-loss mania » | beautiful Southern California » | women's retreat » | the first 80 years »

anatomy of a family picture

One of the best things about the holidays is how families come together. People come together at Christmas like no other time of the year, and I love it. I get to see cousins I haven't seen since their wedding, aunts and uncles I only hear about through Mom, and I get to have my WHOLE family together at once. They come from San Diego, Long Beach, Riverside, Thousand Oaks, Fullerton ... to be together.

And of course, along with family gatherings come the essential family pictures. If it weren't for holiday pictures in front of the tree, who would really know about those bad hair years? How one brother finally shot up taller than the other? Which years the family started to grow as they added spouses and children? I love the tradition of the family picture during Christmas. We always act like its a chore, but deep down, we love it.

Of course, GETTING that family picture is always a trick. How do you get all those people to stand still at the same time, smile at the camera, NOT close their eyes at the flash? Its hard, and usually takes an afternoon of trying. Below you'll see one side of my family and their attempt at the holiday picture. As is usually the case, we did finally get one that works. But getting there is always fun to watch:


We're obviously not ready yet ... and how's my hair? And ... where's Grandma?


Brent, you can pet the dog later. And Grandma's still missing.


Wait! I wasn't looking at the camera! And Brent's still petting the dog.


Well, I guess the remote works.


Yep, still works.


I thought we were getting closer. If we could just get those babies to stop being so cute. And where did Caleb go?


And here we are ... Weston family picture 2006! The babies are crying, but they're at that age where even that is cute. Another page for the Weston history books. The memory of taking the picture is as fun as the final picture itself.

Heidi,
I love this fun story. The family photo is wonderful and so great to see Grandma Pam and Grandpa Bob holding the double trouble twins. They are so precious. I also was happy to see Pams mom in the Photo. What a fun page. Thanks to Pam I got the link. I have not posted to my blog
( eileensongbird.blogspot.com )
in quite a while. Must get to that again.
Have a fun Holiday.
Eileen widman

Post a Comment