« Home | women's retreat » | the first 80 years » | note to self » | he's back! » | i baked! » | happy birthday ... again! » | good bye Summer » | happy birthday husband! » | they came, they played, they lost » | go angels! »

beautiful Southern California

Today is what my husband would call a "Chamber of Commerce Day." Its absolutely BEAUTIFUL outside. Stepping from my car to come into my office, which sometimes feels a little bit like a cave, was a tough decision this morning. I stopped a moment before going in, gazed out on a day that proves why so many people come to live here, and then very slowly turned away and headed into the office.

The weather is cool (for now ... it IS supposed to reach 90 today), the breeze is blowing, yesterday's wind blew most of the smog away from the mountains, so you can actually see them! The sky is blue, and the trees have all started turning their brilliant shades of Fall orange, yellow and red. It is a gorgeous day, and I just needed everyone to know what an amazing person I am that I chose to be responsible today, and climb into my cave instead of up a mountain.

Happy Friday!

PS I tried finding a picture online of what today looks like, but alas, I could not. So hopefully you will be simply be motivated to take a few breaks outside today and experience it for yourself.