« Home | anatomy of a family picture » | Thanksgiving at Shaver » | all I want for Christmas is .... » | the importance of girlfriends » | a few of my favorite things » | a beautiful day in the neighborhood » | ah, discipline » | how i got caught up in weight-loss mania » | beautiful Southern California » | women's retreat »

the Hammer family picture, '06

This is the Hammer family picture, taken at McKinley Grove up at Shaver Lake. It was 32 degrees. For those of you who lost your chemistry notes from high school, 32 degrees is freezing. Yep, we can honestly say it was freezing. But we still braved the cold for the annual Hammer Family Holiday Picture. I wish I had the myriad photos we took, in the freezing cold, in order to get this one fantastic photo, where even David is smiling. I could show you the several we took before this one, where people are obviously freezing, yelling at Dad for taking so long, yelling at Jon for taking the picture from HIS camera on a tripod moments before Dad's clicked (where do we look?!). But Dad's kind of stingy with his less-than-perfect photos. It was definitely a memorable experience. For those of you still shady on who's who in the Hammer family, from left to right we have my brother Jon and his wife Julie, my husband Caleb and myself, my other brother David and his fiance Rachel (getting married in July), my sister Amy, and Mom and Dad (aka Judi and Doug). Aren't we fabulous?

For more Thanksgiving fun, you can see pictures from our whole weekend in Shaver Lake by clicking on the picture above, or here.